Understanding the Limitations of Home Solutions

Be careful with natural remedies. They can temporarily relieve the pain, but if the problem is persistent, you have to deal with the cause. That is, you should see a dentist. In these cases, there is not much evidence to support the efficacy of natural remedies.

When opting for a home remedy, stop use if the problem does not resolve. Never raise the dose thinking that the pain will end. In that case, the picture may even get worse.

If you feel a burning after use of a natural remedy, rinse the mouth immediately with pure water. Do not use mouthwashes, as they contain alcohol will only irritate the mucosa.

If the cause of the pain is an infection, it will not end until the problem is treated.

Make an appointment with a dentist. If toothache persists for more than a day or two, you need to contact a professional. Natural remedies aid in temporary relief, but do not deal with the cause of the problem. An untreated toothache can develop a dental abscess.

Instead of home remedies, try using an analgesic (paracetamol or ibuprofen). It will probably be more effective.

Do not put the tablet directly into the gum as it may harm the tissue.

Understand the cause of toothaches. That way, you’ll be able to prevent them from happening again. The toothache arises when the central portion of a tooth, known as a “pulp”, becomes inflamed. The nerves in this region are extremely sensitive and therefore the pain is so uncomfortable. This inflammation is usually caused by cavities, infection, or trauma.

The key to avoiding toothaches is to maintain impeccable hygiene. To keep your mouth healthy, avoid sugar consumption, brush your teeth twice a day and floss and mouthwash.

The next time you feel toothache, it may be because of a caries or infection. Although natural remedies can block the pain sensation, you will not be able to resolve these conditions on your own.

Home remedies are only temporary solutions and can never replace professional care. Once the pain is under control, consult a dentist as soon as possible.